LPN/LVN (Part Time) - Westmont at San Miguel Ranch
Westmont at San Miguel Ranch in Chula Vista, a premier provider of retirement living, assisted living and dementia care is seeking a hands on, customer focused Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Senior Living community.
All Nurses of Westmont Living communities are key team members, maintaining full accountability for fulfillment of the mission of Westmont Living. The Nurse is responsible for all assisting the Compass Rose Resident Services Director is all aspects of the assisted living program. LVN/LPNs must exemplify and promote Westmont Living’s Service Standards of safety, friendliness, a homelike setting and efficiency at all times.
This position is responsible for assisting the Resident Services Director in the care of all assisted living residents. This is accomplished through promoting Westmont Living’s Service Promise and Service Standards. The LVN is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a resident or a group of residents via therapeutic use of self and the nursing process within the LVN scope of practice. The nurse completes specific tasks as assigned by the Resident Services Director. Daily duties may include, but are not limited to: completes assessments, reviews and contributes to service plans, provides first aid and emergency assistance, provides training programs, monitors and records blood glucose readings, as well as administers medications per resident services plans, performs and documents insetion, removal and management of indwelling and non-indwelling urinary catheters and other duties as assigned.
In order to be considered for a position with our premier community we seek a candidate that possesses the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have criminal record clearance prior to initial presence in the community
- Must have passed post offer health physical, TB test and drug screen.
- Must have current, unemcumbered nursing license for California.
- Current first aid and CPR certification
- Knowledgeable of state and federal regulations
- Completion of state specific required training, completed in mandated time frame.
- Preferred Assisting Living experience
- Knowledge of or ability to gain knowledge of and ability to maintain all applicable regulations and policies and procedures pertaining to assisted living residents, including state and federal regulations
- Familiarity with older adult nursing care and the concepts of assisted living
- Above average assessment skills
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or bend for numerous or long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds and push, pull, or transfer 100 pounds.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
- Able to work with residents in a respectful, compassionate manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the service needs of our residents, this can include weekend shifts.
- Available for on-call duties.
Westmont Living is an equal opportunity employer; however, all candidates are subject and must successfully pass or complete a post offer employment physical, TB test, drug testing, fingerprinting/criminal background check, and reference checking to meet licensing regulations within our industry.
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package which includes the following: medical, dental vision, 401(k) with match, voluntary life insurance and an EAP program. Westmont Living is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit.
If you enjoy working with seniors and want to create an inspiring environment for our residents to live, join us at Westmont Living!