Cook -Full Time *Hiring Now* -Mariposa at Ellwood Shores, senior living community
Are you passionate about seniors, and are looking for a rewarding position?
*Mariposa at Ellwood Shores is HIRING NOW for a Full-Time Cook*
All Cooks of Westmont Living communities are key team members, maintaining full accountability for fulfillment of the mission of Westmont Living at their respective communities. This position is responsible for producing quality meals in accordance with established menu cycles, recipes and food standards and maintaining resident satisfaction.
The Cook must exemplify and promote Westmont Living’s Service Standards of safety, friendliness, a homelike setting and efficiency at all times and ensures these standards are upheld by all team members in the community.
In order to be considered for a position with our premier community we seek a candidate that possesses the following:
- Must have criminal record clearance prior to initial presence in the community
- Must have passed post offer health physical, TB test and drug screen
- Current Food Handlers Permit for state/ county in which employed
- Professional experience in food volume preparation
- Experience in proper food handling, preparation and storage
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in kitchen routine at any given time
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs / push/pull/carry up to 30 lbs, constant standing and frequent walking required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the service needs of our residents, this can include weekend shifts.
Westmont Living is an equal opportunity employer; however, all candidates are subject and must successfully pass or complete a post offer employment physical, TB test, drug testing, fingerprinting/criminal background check, and reference checking to meet licensing regulations within our industry.
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package which includes the following: medical, dental vision, 401(k) with match, voluntary life insurance and an EAP program. Westmont Living is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit.
If you enjoy working with seniors and want to create an inspiring environment for our residents to live, join us at Mariposa at Ellwood Shores !