Medication Assistant - (Memory Care) - Westmont Town Court-NOC-Full Time
Are you passionate about seniors, and are looking for a rewarding position? Westmont Living, Inc., a premier provider of retirement living, assisted living and dementia care is seeking a, customer focused Medication Assistant for our Senior Living community. Westmont Living, Inc. is comprised of passionate, experienced senior housing leaders who have formed a company that focuses on what matters: resident lifestyle, convenience and bringing service to the next level.
All Medication Assistants of Westmont Living communities are key team members, maintaining full accountability for fulfillment of the mission of Westmont Living at their respective communities. This position is responsible for the monitoring of the medication program and to oversee all activity in the medication room. This person all assists the Resident Services Director in training new medication assistants and provides mentoring and shadowing. The Medication Assistant must exemplify and promote Westmont Livings Service Standards of safety, friendliness, setting and efficiency.
In order to be considered for a position with our premier community we seek a candidate that possesses the following:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Criminal record clearance prior to initial presence in the community
- Passed post offer health physical and drug screen.
- Current basic first aid and CPR, or obtain within first 30 days of hire.
- TB test results within 7 days of hire and a health screen within 30 days of hire (when transferring test results TB or health screen will not be older than 6 months)
- Completion of state specific required training, completed in mandated time frame.
- Must be able to set up, record and assist with medications as ordered by physicians and/or at the direction of the RN and RSD.
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbally
- Able to handle constant interruptions
- Must be highly organized and pay great attention to detail, able to follow-up and multi-task
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or bend for numerous or long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds and push, pull, or transfer 100 pounds
- Able to work with residents in a respectful, compassionate manner
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the service needs of our residents, this can include weekend shifts.
Westmont Living is an equal opportunity employer; however, all candidates are subject and must successfully pass or complete a post offer employment physical, TB test, drug testing, fingerprinting/criminal background check, and reference checking to meet licensing regulations within our industry.
We provide a competitive pay and benefits package which includes the following: medical, dental vision, 401(k) with match, voluntary life insurance and an EAP program. Westmont Living is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of family, community, long-term commitment and entrepreneurial spirit.
If you enjoy working with seniors and want to create an inspiring environment for our residents to live, join us at Westmont Living!