Resident Services Director in San Jose_Assisted Living (LVN / RN)
Assisted Living Community located in San Jose looking for an experienced, Full-Time Resident Services Director!
The RSD is responsible for the overall clinical needs in the assisted living community.
Job duties include:
• Supervise the overall implementation, delivery and coordination of resident care and services.
• Interview, hire, train and development of care staff team members.
• Plan, assign and direct clinical responsibilities and tasks.
• Promote healthy relationships with residents and their families including open and honest communication about changes in resident’s health and overall wellness status.
• Provide oversight of medication management procedures to ensure all MARs are correct and that residents are receiving the correct medications at the right time. Work with consultant pharmacist to ensure compliance.
• Perform accurate and timely evaluation of resident needs utilizing assessment tool. Promptly report any changes to Executive Director for billing adjustments, if necessary.
• Manage clinical team labor hours according to census and acuity to ensure expenses stay within budget.
• Ensure all resident charting is performed accurately and according to state regulations.
• Ensures resident care interventions meet the personal, physical, and cognitive needs of each residents as well as maximizing his/herself care capacities, identity, independence, choice and opportunity for social interactions.
• Support the overall community relations effort by assisting in prospective resident tours, answering families’ questions and sharing the knowledge that assisted living communities help to improve the overall health and wellness of older adults.
• Maintain positive work environment.
Qualifications • Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. • 2 years of experience in an assisted living environment desired. • Three years of experience in a position with management and leadership responsibilities. • Basic knowledge of and ability to apply Geriatric Nursing principles. • Familiarity with pertinent State Regulations (Title 22)